To all relevant schools and units:
Artificial intelligence is an important driving force for a new round of scientific and technological revolution and industrial transformation, and will have a lasting and profound impact on human society. In order to exchange the experience of artificial intelligence education among high school students in various countries, and to lead the exploration of youth science and technology innovation with artificial intelligence as the focus as well as to explore the development trend of artificial intelligence education, it is scheduled to hold “The 1st International High School Students Artificial Intelligence Exchange Exhibition & Competition” in Beijing, China from March 22 to March 24, 2019. The exchange Exhibition & Competition will build a platform for learning and application of advanced artificial intelligence technology for the new generation from all countries, and facilitate the sharing of the research results of artificial intelligence technology. It is known that your school/ unit has
achieved fruitful results in talent cultivation and scientific and technological innovation exploration. We cordially invite you to participate in this event.
1) Event Theme
Vision of AI Future
2) Event Organiser
Organiser:Beijing SenseTime Science Tech Ltd.
New Education Institute
Participating University: The University of Hong Kong
Chinese University of Hong Kong Tsinghua University
Renmin University of China Beijing Aerospace University
Shanghai Jiaotong University Zhejiang University
Xi'an Jiaotong University Xidian University of Electronic
Contractor: Future Famous
Ooverseas Collaboration: HiElites Education (USA)
3) Time and Venue
Time: 22 March to 24 March, 2019 (Check in on the 22)
Venue: Zhongguancun Conference Center, Beijing, China (No. 2, Gongmen Road, Haidian District, Beijing)
4)Exchange Exhibition & Competition Content
The AI science and technology projects of the high school students participating in the exhibition & competition:
• Introduce the AI project and the content of science and technology through an exhibition board;
• Display and Q&A section of the AI project.
Participating in domestic and foreign universities related to artificial intelligence: displaying artificial intelligence curriculum, talent training programs or school AI science and technology projects through exhibition boards.
The exhibition also features expert lectures, living library exchanges and other activities, building a platform to facilitate communication between universities and secondary schools at home and abroad, to allow and domestic and foreign high school students to jointly experience and share the development of artificial intelligence research and artificial intelligence education.
5) Target Participants
Global high school students;
Select universities with artificial intelligence related discipline
6) Team composition
The student team participating in the activity is led by the teachers of the school or organising unit. Each school can apply for multiple project teams, and the number of each team is no more than five.
7) Project Submission Requirements
The project topic should be chosen from one of the below disciplines.
• Computer Science: Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Graphics, Speech and Natural Language Processing, etc.;
• Engineering: Robotics, Control Theory, Human-Computer Interaction, Data Visualization, etc.;
• Mathematics: probability theory, mathematical statistics, optimization, theoretical research of machine learning, etc.;
• Interdisciplinary fields of artificial intelligence and other disciplines: including but not limited to biochemical categories, physics and geospatial science, environmental science and social sciences.
Participating projects can apply artificial intelligence to any discipline, but they must address specific problem-solving. For example, specific optimizations for tools used in machine learning.
8)Judge panel and scoring method
• The judging team: Professors of relevant disciplines from universities and industrial experts from SenseTime.
• Scoring method: Establishment of research questions, project design and method selection, project execution, data collection, analysis and interpretation, innovative evaluation, display evaluation, student quality evaluation, project independence evaluation.
• Initial evaluation: The time is from 25 February 2019 to 4 March 2019. The initial evaluation round is conducted in a form of expert review, and the finalist list will be published on the event website. The finalists will be eligible to participate in the final evaluation exhibition.
• Final evaluation: The time is 22 March 2019 - 24 March 2019. The final review is in the form of an on-site review.
10) Recognition and reward
In addition to obtaining an activity certificate, the reward form includes:
The grand prize (20% of the final evaluation project), prize worth of RMB 5,000.
First prize (30% of the final evaluation project), prize worth of RMB 3,000.
• Counseling Program: The grand prize will also receive continuous guidance and support from senior researchers of SenseTime in the year after the competition. The assistance and counseling programs aim to help the students to win in national or world-class competitions.
• Project Internship: Participants in the Grand Prize and the First Prize will have the opportunity to go to SenseTime and collaborating university (such as MIT, The University of Hong Kong, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Tsinghua University, Xi'an Jiaotong University, etc.) for internship or summer vacation. project.”
Please use the registration form for the AI event and competition entry.
Registration time: 18 January 2019 – 8 February 2019
Project report/paper submission time: Before February 24, 2019
12) Registration Fees
The event is free of registration fees.
Beijing SenseTime Science Tech Ltd. 23 November 2018
13) Contacts for inquiries:
Dr. Chen (M: 812-369-3699)
Harrison Ding (M: 317-588-3111)
HiElites Education Hotline: (888)2189811